Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 20, 2011

Another Week...

Hi.  So, nothing has happened with the man on the metro. But we did have an investigator come to church! She's slightly crazy, and has had numerous baptismal dates in the past but lives with her boyfriend, so it's never actually happened. But she came to church, which is a big deal for her, especially since she didn't fall asleep. We also have a new investigator. Natasha was a referral to us from some sisters in the Moscow West mission, who somehow had her referred to them from someone else. She investigated a few other churches before but they didn't feel right, but she said she felt really comfortable with us. She's going through a very difficult time right now and doesn't have a lot of faith that a good marriage and family are possible. But it was amazing when we talked to her about the Book of Mormon. She understood immediately and was very excited, and even asked us why everyone doesn't know about this book that's like the Bible and testifies of Christ! This was just a few days ago, so we haven't met with her again, but we will soon. I'm very excited to see how it goes.


This week I met Ludmilla and Nikolai, a couple who've been members for 18 years. They are truly amazing. We had dinner at their house, and it was nice to be in an apartment that felt like a real home where the Spirit was. They asked me questions slowly, that I was able to answer (!!!!) and then when we gave the spiritual thought, I maybe spoke the best Russian I ever have. It was truly a miracle.


One of my favorite parts of the week is when I get to spend time with other missionaries. I know that is not why I'm here, but I learn a lot from them, and we laugh and it gives me hope that one day I'll know what's going on and I'll be able to speak Russian and the like. Plus, it strengthens the work and us. For example, each week the 3 (of 4) companionships in our district who are training right now get together to practice role playing and do our comp study together, since the comp study regimen for in-field training is pretty intense but super awesome. It's a lot of fun, helps a lot, etc. Same with district meetings. And today for P-Day we're going to a park to have a birthday party for 2 Elders. So jeans today! Whoo! Also, when we wait at the Central Building for appointments and the like it is awesome to study and talk with the other missionaries, or to commiserate about appointments that have fallen through. I have been so surprised at the stupid excuses people give to cancel or not come to church. My favorite one so far: "It's too cold outside." Wow. I wonder what they'll say in winter. Because it's actually warming up quite a bit. It should be pretty warm by the weekend. This past week has reminded me a lot of Idaho. Windy, bipolar. You get the deal.


The paint is almost out of my skirt, although the color kind of is coming out too. At least it's not bright blue anymore...it might actually be wearable, but I'm going to keep trying.


I think that's about it. Not much has happened this week. Just being a missionary. It's great. I didn't take a lot of pictures this week, but I will send them when I take some more. Okay.


Love,

Rachel

No comments: