Sunday, April 8, 2012

April 8, 2012

Well, famdam (There's Mother dam and Father dam, the dam kids 1 2 3..."I can't see the dam lights!"), I don't have an email from you yet. In your defense, we are emailing earlier today cause we need to head down to Moscow, but still.
Anyway. Another week has come and gone, and once again I'm not sure what to say. There have been a lot of crazy, hard, fun, random things that have happened this week.
 
Wednesday we were out contacting. I come up to this lady who was walking in front of us and offer her a BoM and she just whirls on me and starts yelling. I could tell that she swore at me, mostly because I didn't understand. The really funny thing was, she started yelling before she even looked at me, so how in the world did she know that I was a missionary? What kind of person just swears at people on the street? Weird. English Club that day was super great. There have been lots of people at English Club lately, even in my group, which is usually the smallest. It's been a lot of fun to have some new people.
We've been really trying to work with the ward members a lot more. One great, great woman (one of my favorite people in ZGrad) has invited us over to meet with a new friend every week for the past 3 weeks. Nothing has come of it yet, but she is just great. This week, we wanted to go see this woman in our ward--she's a babushka and hadn't come to church in a while, but I figured it was just because she gets sick a lot, and I hadn't really talked to her before even though I know who she is, and Sister Thrall is still kind of new. It turns out that she hasn't really seen anyone in so long because she's been sick, so she hasn't come to church. Her visiting teacher/good friend calls her all the time, but it's just not the same. She was so happy that we went to see her, and just talked to us for a long time about how she met the church and her life and everything. She is so great and lonely. We have wonderful members here, especially in Z. It always makes me so happy when we can go lift the members.
 
This weekend we had the great opportunity to go down to Moscow for a baptism! A girl that Sister Thrall had been working with in her last area spur of the moment decided to get baptized, so we got to go down and see it. It was beautiful. She has been investigating for a long time and her aunt is a member and you could just tell from the spirit that was there at the baptism that she is a very special girl.
 
Other fun things. Since Sister Thrall and I both have great camping memories, we decided to go camping one night. We made tinfoil dinners in our oven. It was great. And, faithful to Ashby family tradition, it was raining as we were "camping." And last night, during dinner, we dyed eggs with the Elders. It was a lot of fun. I really love the missionaries that I serve with. They are the greatest.
 
Love you all,
Sister Ashby

No comments: