Saturday, September 6, 2014

Funemployment


The past 2 weeks of my life have been a new stage in life: I quit my writing/editing in-office job to start writing part-time from home and figuring out my life and looking into grad schools and generally focusing on me and taking care of my body and soul.

Here is what I have accomplished:

  • Books read: 2--Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close and The Help
  • Friends skyped with: 2
  • Hours of sleep I get every night: 8+
  • Seasons of Call the Midwife watched: 3
  • Times I've worked out: 2
  • Times I've made my bed: 4
  • Baths taken: 1
  • Late-night dance parties: 1
  • Conversations about literature: countless
  • Indian food meals: 2, plus 2-3 leftover lunches
  • Russian food meals: 1
  • Times I've gone to the temple: 2
  • Cultural evenings: 2--The Timpanogos Storytelling Festival and Sutton Foster
  • Blogs written: 14
  • Sister missionary companionships talked to: 3
  • Lunches or dinners with friends: 5 by the end of the day
  • Pages read in the Book of Mormon: 100+ (right on track with my old Bishop's challenge to read all the standard works--minus the Old Testament--in 6 months)
  • Times Katie and I have stayed up very late talking: 4-5
  • Hours studied for the GRE: 2-3 (okay, so this one could be better)
Although I can get kind of lonely and distracted during the day, all in all I have been very productive and I finally feel like my life is starting coming together. I finally have the time and motivation to do the things I've wanted to do for ages. I still am lost long-term, but I'm working hard to take the steps needed to get my body, mind, and soul where I want them to be.

No comments: