Friday, August 28, 2015

A New Adventure

A year ago, I moved away from Provo to Salt Lake. It was an important move which led to many changes, but overall it wasn't like I was leaving. I didn't really have to say goodbye to people and I was going to be coming back and even though it was a different city, it was still basically home. But now I am leaving for real!

From here, which actually proves that I am Belle
I want adventure in the great, wide somewhere. And that somewhere is Chicago. And I leave tomorrow.

The past week has been so stressful, but my car is packed and in 10 hours I will be on the road east. It's quite a surreal experience, to be moving. I have wanted to get out of Utah for so long, and now that I am it's harder than I expected. Utah has really become my home, and as much as I hate to admit it . . . I will miss it. I'll miss the mountains and nature and Temple Square and BYU campus. I'll miss my family and friends.

Chicago will be hard. In many ways, I feel like I'm leaving on another mission. This is something so new and so out of my comfort zone, yet it is also very much where I'm supposed to be. I am so excited. Chicago, watch out--I come. :)

No comments: