Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Beginning

I've been contemplating starting a blog for a while now, especially as I have 3 friends on Study Abroads this semester who have started them. Today, my opportunity presented itself.

You see, I'm a student at Brigham Young University in Provo, UT. In my New Testament class, our professor, Dr. Holzapfel, requires us to do a Personal Reflection project. This semester, he's asked that we start a blog to record our feelings about the New Testament: what we've been learning and feeling, experiences we've had, our testimonies of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. It's also to get us involved with the call of many latter-day apostles to put more good information about the church up on the internet. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints can only do so much itself. Now it's up to the members to be missionaries in our own part and spread the "good news" of the Gospel.

And that's that. I'll be posting things about my life, how the New Testament and the Gospel affects me in my life every day. I'm just a normal girl, and I happen to be Mormon. And because of my decision to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I have been changed forever--for the better.

No comments: