Tuesday, November 4, 2008

MOA Tour







One of my favorite places on Brigham Young University campus is the Museum of Art. I especially love the religious art work housed there. Needless to say, I was very excited when I discovered my New Testament class would get to visit the MOA (pronounced as a word: Mow-a).

It was exciting to view some changes to the religious art display since I visited last, but to still see my old favorites there. Of course, the painting of Christ at Bethesda (at the very top) is always awe-inspiring to look at. This picture was acquired by the university through a series of miracles, and I'm very glad that I have the opportunity to go view it anytime I so choose. The way it draws you in and makes you a part of this miracle of the Savior is beautiful. It touches me, and everytime I come away with a greater desire to follow Christ and allow Him to heal me.

My favorite painting, though, is Ron Richmond's Triplus, Number 3, the second image from the top. I could sit in the MOA and gaze at this painting for hours. Each time I return I find new meaning. Ever since I first saw it, I have loved to look upon it and ponder the Atonement of Christ and His love for me. The three bowls--water, blood, and the spirt--all contain central parts of His sacrifice, and the sacrifice I should make in return. I love Jesus Christ. I know He lives and that He is my Savior. I invite you too to ponder His Atonement and His love for us. I will forever love Him and be grateful for all He has done for me. I cannot wait to return to His arms and live with Him and our Heavenly Father forever.

No comments: