Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August 10, 2011


My birthday was great! Thanks so much for the shirts--they are perfect. I was very impressed with your choices. Also, thanks for the CDs. I was kind of hesitant about the piano one at first, but it's now probably my favorite, and I love the MoTab ones as well. I'm starting a list of other CDs I have at home that I'd like, but you don't have to worry about that for a while. ;) I haven't had a chance to make the cake yet, because our oven is filthy. But don't worry. We had district meeting on my birthday, and Sister Craythorn (our senior couple) made me a delicious cake. We spent the rest of the day doing a lot of English prigging. 

Summer hasn't really ended here. It's still hot, but thankfully not as hot as it was last month. It's sometimes been a bit chilly--like today it's rainy, but it's not really cold. It will probably be like there in Twin because that's how most of the weather has been so far, with the exception that here it's wet and rainy and humid. But other than that it's pretty much the same. 

It is so crazy that Matt is leaving the MTC already. He can't even say anything--I was there for 3 weeks longer than him. Haha, but remember when I called you from the airport and you almost hung up on me? :) And Matt hasn't been sending me his emails to the family, but he has been emailing me himself. But yeah. I have been emailing him both myself and my family emails, but you should forward HIS emails to ME because he's not sending me them. He's just replying to the other shorter ones I send him.

Things are still really slow. We've spent most of our week prigging and contacting, with little success. Our problem isn't getting people to set up appointments with us. It's getting people to keep their appointments. We had twice as many appointments fall through this week as we actually had. Frustrating. And contacting just isn't my favorite thing, since most of the time people just completly ignore you when you try to talk to them. But we did meet a very nice lady the other day, who took a Book of Mormon and gave us her phone number (!!!), and we talked to her for almost 30 minutes. However, when we called her the next day, she said she will call us later once she reads a little bit if she's interested. Sigh. I'm so tired of people saying they'll call us, because guess what. They never do. :( However, finding her and talking to her was just a really cool experience, because we had had just a bunch of rejections all day and both Sister Mordwinow and I were super frustrated and feeling lost, but we just decided to keep going and then we found Elya. So even if she doesn't call, at least finding her was a good experience. That same day, this little slightly-mentally-disabled boy on the metro reached out to shake my hand. He was super cute. It is amazing how much little kids just know. SO many times we see little kids who can't stop looking at us or smile at us or something, and their parents just ignore us. Some other maybe good news though--we had a meeting with Yulia! You probably don't remember her, because we haven't met with her since my first few weeks here. She just kind of disappeared, but then she called us a few weeks ago asking us for C. X. I was worried she wouldn't want to meet with us anymore since C. X went home, but C. X is actually back in Moscow for a few weeks for a job and we were able to have a lesson with her and Yulia and it went super well! And it sounded like she'll actually want to meet with us even without C. X there! Whoo! 

Lastly, another reason it's been kind of slow is because I am sick! Yesterday morning I woke up feeling horrible. We were able to do a bit of stuff yesterday, but really, being sick wipes you out a bajillion times more on a mission. I just have no energy, which is bad, because I'm a missionary--I need to be out and doing stuff! But luckily today is P-Day, so I spent most of this morning just trying to sleep away my head cold and sore throat. 

Anyway, that's about been my week. Yep. I think I'll try to send some pictures today, but I can't make any promises. Anyway. Yep. THat's about it. Love you!

Сестра Ашби

No comments: