Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 3, 2011

Dear Family, and Friends,

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It's so weird--I'm almost 22. It doesn't really feel that much older than 21, I just can't believe that it's been a year since last summer. Yes. Lindsey and I are having communication problems. Mostly because the Russian postal service is not all that super great. I sent her a letter a while ago, and another one just last week, but last I heard she hadn't even gotten the first one, so who knows. And I know I owe Chip a letter, but I haven't had time to write it yet and once I do, who knows when she will actually have it in her hands. So yes. But I miss them both. I miss everyone, of course. Tell either of them that I want (need) to hear about this whole 5 dates/5 days/same person thing, via DearElder, of course. Just because they haven't gotten my replies doesn't mean I haven't written them. EVERYONE PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT I AM WRITING YOU BACK AS FAST AS I CAN BUT IT TAKES LETTERS A LONG TIME TO GET TO THE STATES AND ALSO I CAN'T WRITE A BAJILLION LETTERS ON PDAY!

Some of the funny stories, that I was reminded of when you said that my bday card was addressed to Rachel "Ashley." Sister M's first name is Ashley, and when we got our new Liahona's yesterday, they were in the schoff (cupboard) with a sticky note that said "Mordwinow Ashby," meaning the two of us. HOwever, Sister MOrdwinow read it as "Mordwinow Ashley" haha. Also, I met a girl yesterday who misheard me when I said my name and thought I said Ashley. So. Yeah. Even here in Russia I can't get away from people calling me Ashley.

To be honest, I don't have a lot of FHE memories that don't involve kids screaming and parents yelling. haha--especially since I wrote that before I even registered your last question about everyone fighting. They're funny, but probably not exactly what you're looking for. ;) And I say our FHEs were never very consistent, but we had them more often than sporadically. But I don't know...my favorite moments are probably the recent ones where Matt and I would be quietly goofing off and just kind of making fun of you and Dad and someof the other kids. ;) I don't know how to get them to do their jobs. I'm on their side, remember? ;) And don't get excited. For all you know, I still won't have any kids. haha. 

Anyway. TO be honest, I don't have much to say this week. C. M and I started going through a lot of old records--we have 20 pages of potential investigator lists going back to 2003ish that we've decided to go through, try calling, etc. And we have set a lot of great personal, companion, and district goals. It's just been a slow week, just like the past couple. We're just trying to kind of wait for miracles to start kicking in, while still working as hard as we can, of course. But we're not having a lot of meetings, and not a lot of people want to talk to us when we're contacting. I love the people we are working with, of course, but it's just frustrating because I feel like I don't know how to help them besides what we're already doing and of course they have their agency. Plus, when no one seems to be progressing, and there's not a lot of them in the first place...koroche (long story short), I want some new investigators, and we especially want to start teaching some families. 

Transfers are tomorrow, already! Once again, I'm staying in Kahovsky. None of the sisters are moving (except for the new sister who is going into a threesome), so Sister M and I will be together for at least another transfer. Part of me thinks I will leave after this next transfer, but then again, so many people have been staying in areas such a long time. One of our Sisters is about to start her 6 transfer in an area and my district leader will be dying here in Kahovski after 7 transfers there. So who knows. I'm excited, because I feel like we'reon the brink of something and I want to see how that goes. Also, I don't have to move the day before my birthday. ;) Just kidding. But I feel like I've grown a lot this transfer, even in just the past few weeks. C. X is back in Moscow for 2 weeks working, and we saw her today. She said that I'm different, that even my Russian is different (good different) in just 3 weeks! So...whoo!

Anyway, for not really having anything happen this week (besides crazy weather--it has been soooooooo hot the past few weeks, and then at the change of the month it got super chilly. I even pulled out nylons and a long sleeve shirt today), this ended up being a pretty long email. Thanks for the family pictures and thanks for everything! Keep praying for the work here--we're just remembering that with only 1% of the population here, we'll have 70 stakes! This is His work and it is true!

No comments: