Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Sorry for a lot of not-so serious things

Sometimes I just don't write for a really long time. And for that, I apologize. And vote to turn over a new leaf. I know, I know. You're all thinking "Sure...that's what she's said for the past 8 months..." But seriously. This will be happening. Because my life is about to actually get more interesting and actually blog-worthy. Not that my life has been boring since I got home, but it just hasn't been very bloggable and I haven't really been in a writing mood, but there is an adventure underfoot which is sure to change things.

I don't know if I ever officially stated it here, but I'm going back to my beloved city Moscow. In 9 days. I'm just trying to do so many things at once--relax, party with the roommates, take advantage of the temple, clean, and get everything ready to go. But I'm not stressed. I'm just very excited, but it's all very surreal. The thought of being on a plane heading back home to a place I love and miss as much as I do Moscow is so odd. It's really happening. I told myself that it would, but now that it is, I'm not quite sure what to think. I'm really nervous that it will be different in a bad way. I'm really happy that I get to go back and see so many wonderful people who I love so much. I'm really nervous that my Russian has gotten really bad and my dear blunt Russians will comment on how much worse I've gotten at Russian. I'm really grateful that the Lord blessed me with this opportunity and has helped everything work out since I thought I wasn't going to get to go for a while there.

So, for those of you wondering, here's the down-low:

  • I fly out May 9th (Victory Day--I'm kind of sad I won't be in Russia for it) and arrive in Moscow on the 10th.
  • I will be taking some Russian classes at The Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration which will allow me to graduate with my double Russian major in December.
  • I will also be working an internship. Although it's not 100% until I interview in Moscow, I've been accepted as an intern to work in the PR Department at the Winzavod Centre for Contemporary Art. (Yeah, way cool! Check out the link--it's an old wine factory converted into a museum/gallery. And yes, I don't really know anything about contemporary Russian art, but I do know how to research about art!)
  • At the end of June I'm going to be meeting up with two of my roommates in Prague for a weekend adventure.
  • My classes and internship end on August 2, after which I'll be traveling to the temple in Kiev with my first trainee (who ends her mission a week after I get to Moscow and is from around Ekaterinburg in Russia) and then to Poland to see my roommate Tracy!
  • When I get home on August 8, I'll get to see my younger brother for the first time in over 2 and a half years. For the win. 
  • Some dear friends have already started plotting about what we're going to do. Most of it involves me wearing pants and staying out past 10:30 at night! Hahahaha
Well, that's about it. Which I guess isn't really all that impressive since this is a pretty long post. I hope that in Moscow I will post more often and shorter posts. But who knows. Okay yeah. I'm wrapping this up now, because it's just getting awkward.


No comments: