Monday, December 1, 2008

Thankful

So this is a little bit delayed from Thanksgiving, but I haven't been able to sit down at my computer for long enough since then. Things I'm grateful for, in no particular order, and in no way are my thanks limited to just this:

1) The restored gospel of Jesus Christ
2) My Savior and his Atonement for me
3) The Book of Mormon
4) The New Testament
5) My family, and the fact that I will be with them forever
6) My marvelous friends who support me and make me laugh
7) The temple, the opportunity I have to go basically every week, and the fact that there is now one dedicated in my home town
8) The mountains
9) Missionaries, especially my friends and family who love the Lord enough to serve
10) All of God's creations
11) A roof over my hed and food to eat
12) Music, especially the hymns
13) America and the freedoms I have here
14) BYU and the education I'm receiving here
15) Laughing and being happy
16) Hugs
17) Thomas S. Monson, as the living Prophet today
18) Literature, poetry, and other English-major-y stuff
19) How the gospel is the same everywhere you go
20) Shampoo
And many more...

Some of these are trivial, some are things that most of us take for granted. Some are things that I could do without, others are so critical to who I am and what I believe. Whichever category they fit in, I am so grateful for everything the Lord has blessed me with. Remember, we need to thank him in all things. It is a commandment, and one that I am always happy to obey.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm so happy you blog! I love your posts!

Know that even if I don't comment, I will most likely blog-stalk you, and you can feel free to do the same to me! ;)

I'm in love with Les Mis these days, and it'll be the first thing I read after graduation (in May!) and I always imagine Eponine like you! :)

-glumirk aka Megan