Thursday, April 30, 2009

Copenhagen

No, I haven't changed cities. We went and saw the play Copenhagen tonight. BRILLIANT ON SO MANY LEVELS. We all loved it. My 4 adjectives for it: brilliant, terrifying, mind-boggling, and inspiring.

I don't have time to write a full post tonight though because I need to pack for when we leave in the morning. Tomorrow we head out to Balmaha and Rowardennan so I'm not sure if we'll have internet access. Possibly. Probably not. I was looking forward to divorcing myself from technology, and being free from a cellphone is nice, but my luggage kinda forced me to use the internet to keep in touch with the parentals.

Today was full of class, chocolate soup, a bookshop, the National Gallery and Monet, and shopping. And Copenhagen. Hooray. So awesome. I love thinking deep thoughts. From our hostel we can see the fires from a Pagan festival, Beltane, which worships the Green Man and spring and such. It's really cool until you actually think about the meaning behind what they're doing and then it's very disturbing and creepy and scary.

Love you all. I bought some postcards today that I'm hopefully sending out soon, but I didn't buy stamps so we'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Sleepydaddy said...

Thanks for the updates Rachel. We love to hear about your amazing adventures. Please "keep in touch with the parentals" regardless of the method. We miss you! Love, Dad

Lisa said...

I want to see Copenhagen SOOOOOO BAD!!!!! I love you. And I'm so excited for you--I love reading your blog, so keep doing it. :)

Bye! :)