Friday, April 17, 2009

Wow.

I haven't updated this thing in AGES. Sorry about that, friends. The current England countdown: 9 DAYS! That's only fingers! So excited! There's still so much to do though.

So right now I'm kind of an honorary Maid of Honor for one of my best friends, Camille Burgess. She's getting married June 6th, while I'm in England so I can't actually be there, but I'm helping her plan everything that I can. I'm basically the chauffer and honest opinion. We tried on lots of dresses together and today I drove her to pick up the final choice (which I actually hadn't seen yet)! She is so beautiful! Her fiance is also adorable. Together they're perfect. Oh, love just makes me so happy. I've realized it's a good thing I won't be at the wedding though. I'd be bawling my eyes out because she'd be so beautiful and such and then she'd start crying. We talked about this today. Haha, we also went to get her ring cleaned and to pick up her free pearls (her bridals are tomorrow) so when we were are the jewelery store she made me try on some rings. Haha. They were HUGE! You would know I was just playing around because they were definately not me. She just wanted me to put some on, so I humored her. We've had so much fun. It makes me want to get married. But don't worry. I can definately wait a while. One day she'll come with me to try on all these ridiculous dresses. That's just such a weird thought. So yep. Wow number 1: I have three friends getting married while I'm in England, one of them who's been one of my best friends for 8 and a half years! Hooray for the soon-to-be Mrs. von Nieda!

Wow number 2: in 9 days I'll be in Scotland! Holy smokes! I have SO much shopping to do! And it's just crazy crazy crazy! AHHHHH!

Wow number 3: It's been almost 2 years since I graduated from high school. It's been 2 years since my last Jive Show, as I've been reminded of by the fact that the show is this weekend and I can't go. I miss Jive. I guess they had a slide show/videos of Jive over the last 10 years and I was in it a couple times. My mom texted me. She misses me singing really loudly in the kitchen late at night. Who knew? :)

Wow number 4: In a year, most of my boys will be just about to come home from their missions (give or take a couple months. Some will already be home, some won't be back until the end of the summer). And in a year I could be putting in my mission papers. I probably will be, but we'll see what happens. A year is a long time. And yet, hardly any time at all. A year ago today doesn't seem like long ago at all.

Wow number 5: LIFE IS JUST AWESOME!

So enough of the wows. I bought myself flowers yesterday; just because. I LOVE flowers. I want someone to give me some. But I'll just have to wait. I'm taking Floral Design in the fall though, so I'm very excited about that! I also picked up my Study Abroad backpack and watched the life-changing movie Bride and Prejudice. Yay Bollywood. So life is generally good. :) Sigh (of contentment).

No comments: