Friday, November 19, 2010

I'm Harry, Harry Potter

It was well worth writing 30 (yes, 30) pages of essay in 3 days in order to experience tonight.

The dressing up. My roommates and friends. Holding hands and screaming and freaking out during all the right moments. Experiencing Harry Potter and England and these things I love so much. It was beautiful, brilliant--both as Harry Potter and as its own film. Congrats, David Yates. You've made this hard-to-please Harry Potter fan very upset that she has to wait 20 months to see Part 2 (but don't get me wrong, she's very glad you split it into two movies). I just feel sorry for those people outside of the 5ish-year age group of the Harry Potter generation. They don't understand. They didn't literally grow up side by side with Harry, Hermione, Ron, Neville, and the others.

Hello, my name is Rachel, and I am a proud member of the Harry Potter generation. AND I LOVED DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 1.

P.S. England and Lit 2009 shout-out. Malham Cove. Freaked out when I saw it in the movie. I was like . . . "I know that place. That's Malham. I'VE BEEN THERE." Love love love.
P.P.S. I'm too lazy right now to do more than just paste a link, but I also love love love this picture and it epitomizes what I want to do right now: http://www.flickr.com/photos/joel_r/5090741361/sizes/l/in/set-72157625060828229/

No comments: