Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June 15, 2011


I'm not sure what you are asking about when you ask if my investigator has committed to baptism. But on Saturday Sofia was baptized! (She had already committed a few weeks ago, remember? And then all of other investigators stopped progressing, so I'm not sure what you were asking about, but I did have a baptism!) It was SO wonderful. Last Wednesday we found out that she's actually not in our ward (?!) but the branch just south of ours in a town just outside of Moscow, so it was kind of crazy figuring everything out, but we had permission to baptize her arnd have her confirmed in our ward and then this week we're taking her to Podolsk. There were people from both branches there, plus quite a few missionaries with investigators. She bore a GREAT testimony, and just looked sooo happy. And then on Sunday when she received the Holy Ghost...wow. She was just glowing all day, both Saturday and Sunday. There is nothing better than seeing someone you love so much, who you know you've at least done a little bit to help with teaching them, in the waters of baptism and then coming up with such a huge smile and tears of joy. So that was the main excitement of this week.

Other highlights from the week: Konstantin, an investigator from some Elders who aren't even in our branch, followed us around for like 3 hours and wanted me to help him with his English. haha. I woke up Monday morning with my left eye swollen to the point of not really being able to open it. C. X said I looked like an alien. Luckily, I was able to get the swelling to go down before we had to leave for the day. It was just a really bad bite of somekind and it's almost all normal now. And last night was Culture Night. Our district went to see Sleeping Beauty (you know, the ballet, not the Disney film). It was pretty good. I loved how I could tell you in what part of the movie Disney used the Tchaikovsky music. And, you know, there's the usual antics. Diving into metro cars right before the doors close, getting lost or thinking you're supposed to be somewhere else and then realizing you're supposed to be 2 metro stops away (with a line transfer in between) and then a 15 minute walk--in 10 minutes. Right now we need to find some new investigators, since Sofia isn't an investigator anymore and most of our others aren't progressing at all. It's crazy though: transfers are a week from tomorrow. This past 6 weeks have just flown by. I cannot believe that I'm pretty much done being trained.

I have been thinking about Matt a lot this week, obviously. He will be awesome. I am sure that it will be hard having him gone (although, not quite as much as having ME gone, obviously). ;) But he will be great. I hope Grandma is doing at least a little better--I am glad that everything was okay despite the emergencies! Anyway. Make sure that Matt sends me his emails too! Ahhhh! I can't believe he is a missionary. So вообще crazy! (That middle word is a word that means "in general" that Russians use all the time to mean any sort of way--and more--that you could possible construe "in general" to mean in English). 

Anyway. That's about it for this week! I love you all! (Oh, also, it's probably time to start thinking about a...birthday package! Since it takes a few weeks for it to get here. I need some new mascara from Helen and also some foundation...I know, I'm so needy. I will tell you what kind of foundation later. And other than that...surprise me. :)

No comments: