Thursday, May 14, 2009

Trying to Catch-up in under 7 minutes

Sunday was amazing. Church with the branch was wonderful and our fireside went well. I got in everything my piano-playing cravings could have asked for by playing piano almost the entire day for rehersal and the fireside. We then drove to Malham.

Monday was spent in Malham, a small town in the Yorkshire Dales. We hiked to Malham Cove and then had a free day. Christine and I got lost on our way back to the hostel, but eventually found it and then I wrote my thought paper, watched Robin Hood with Christian (and others who joined us throughout) and partied it up.

Tuesday we hiked 12 miles to Earby from Malham on the Pennine Way, a trail that runs through England through people's farmland. We stopped for class in a town called...oh, I forget, but we had candy and ice cream there too. 12 miles didn't really seem like all that much, surprisingly.

Wednesday was the longest day of the trip. We hiked 17 miles on the Pennine Way over the moors to Haworth before 3:30 in the afternoon. Then we Bronte-d it up at the Parsonage and the Museum. Definately can tell where Jane Eyre and Wuthering Heights came from so much more. I loved the moors though. It was like someone painted Idaho black and stuck it in the middle of England, complete with wind. :) It was quite an exhausting day though. I got my first blister, and it wasn't even that big.

Today we drove (thank goodness) to York, stopping at Fountains Abbey/Studley Royal Gardens. And then we went to Yorkminster Cathedral and went to Evensong there. I'd write more about it, but my time is basically up. I'll try to catch-up in more detail about somethings tomorrow, but it's a crazy busy day and I have to cook AND internet is expensive. Yuck. I hate having to pay for internet, but I feel like it's important to stay in touch.

AH! ONLY 45 SECONDS LEFT! PANIC TIME!

No comments: