Monday, February 15, 2010

The First

My first best friend to leave on a mission got back last Friday, the 5th. I got to see him for the first time in 2 years on Saturday. And then again (twice) on Sunday. And then again Monday. Each time, but especially the first, felt something like this:
I have missed that boy so much. He's like my brother and the closer it got to seeing him, the more excited I got and the more I realized exactly how much I have missed him. :) But now he's back. And in 3 months, my very best friend in the entire world gets home and it will be the above picture times a million. And tomorrow I get to see Jen for the first time in two months and for the last time in a very long time before she leaves on her mission to Berlin. It's moments like this--old friends, best friends, hugs, returns, departures, love--that make life worth living.

1 comment:

Kent Dodds said...

I just noticed this entry. It makes me feel special :D