Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June is Busting Out All Over

March went out like a lion
A whippin' up the water in the bay

Then April cried and stepped aside
And long came pretty, little May

May was full of promises
But she didn't keep 'em quick enough for some

And a bunch of doubtin' Thomases
Kept predictin' that the summer'd never come


Unfortunately, it's raining outside. This is unfortunate because it's chilly and I want it to be summer, and my Rocketdogs just can't take the rain. It's supposed to be summer. And June also means that some people will be leaving me for a long while. But June means many happy things. It means friends coming home. It means sunshine and warm (hopefully). Every day I can't wait for the day when I'm only working and am not taking classes, where I don't have to spend every day on campus and can just chill out at home and do things that I want. June is weddings of an uncle and a cousin, of seeing best friends, of California and Grandmas. It is books and reading. It is colorful and letters. It is starting my mission papers and it means feeling like this: Vibrant and relaxed and happily dreaming.
(via)
And we can't forget this. This will always be June for me.
Fresh and alive and gay and young
June is a love song, sweetly [seductively] sung

No comments: