Sunday, June 13, 2010

Wonderment

Remember these posts? Well. I started my papers this morning. I am going on a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. :)

Which led to Bishop and President Bateman asking me to bear my testimony spur of the moment when we had extra time at the end of Sacrament meeting. I heard that my face when President Bateman said my name was rather funny, but it was a good experience that I enjoyed and needed, even if I was shaking for 5 minutes afterwards. Moral of the story: if you start your mission papers and then think during Sacrament meeting that you need to bear your testimony more often, you'll probably get called on without warning to do so. But you know, practice makes perfect.

And then remember this one? Well, summer is almost here! Tomorrow is the last day of classes, and then we have finals. On Thursday I get to spend the night at Tracy's, and then continue driving down to California for my Uncle Nathan's wedding. Then it's a couple days at Grandma Day's and then Jeff's wedding in Manti. Then Marc gets home from his mission. And my summer will be full of concerts and events and work and temples and relaxation. My roommates and I just sat down and planned time to go to all the temples in Utah within a 2 hour radius. Sadly we can't make it to St. George, Vernal, or Monticello, but the other 9 currently operating temples in Utah will soon be visited by Katelyn, Sarah, me, and maybe our roommates who will be moving in. I am in a writing group. I will be seeing my family and having fun and living the awesome life of wonderful and not taking classes until Fall! Whoo!

I love life. I hope you do too.


1 comment:

Beth said...

Yay for mission papers, Rachel!