Sunday, February 15, 2009

:D

So I might have had a slight change of heart about Valentine's Day. Simply because I've discovered...

I. LOVE. WEDDINGS.

Today, taking pictures of and with Lorinda and Scott, visiting with family, seeing the happy couple beaming, seeing my parents and all my aunts and uncles (and even my cousin Jason!) so touched by the ceremony, feeling cute, just feeling all happy...life was good today. I hadn't been to a wedding-wedding (as in, anything other than a reception or a bridal shower) since my Aunt Darlene and Uncle Scott got married, and I was 5. They're wonderful. It just made me want to get married and be that happy. Of course, I'm perfectly content to wait. More than so. But today the Spirit and the happiness and excitement that hung over my whole extended family was so...celestial. We're all going to be together forever, and now we have another cousin to be with--Scott Allred. He makes our cousin Lorinda so happy. They were glowing. :)

I guess the point of this post was to say that spending my Single's Awareness Day at a wedding was the exact opposite of what I thought it was going to be. Maybe Valentine's Day isn't quite so bad after all. :)

No comments: