Saturday, February 28, 2009

David, David, and Deep questions

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-one-dead-in-pleasant-grove-shooting,0,2693250.story

Read the article and watch the video. That my friends, is an amazing story. You know why? Because David Murphy, the guy who apprehended the shooter, is my FHE brother. Woot! Go David! :)

Isn't it great that we can live in a country where citizens are willing to help out just like that? Yes, there are some huge problems with our world, but at the same time, most of the people in it are trying the best that they can to be good people.

Like David Copperfield. :D

But sometimes I wonder if I'm living up to everything I should be. Would I be able to be willing to help take down a shooter, even if I didn't know what was going on? Would I be able to withstand beatings and a horrible childhood and still manage to be a good person? There's a line in my patriarchal blessing, that I'm not going to share, for personal reasons, but it has a line that makes me think this every time I read it. I think it's a great question for anyone to ask themselves. Am I living up to my name as a child of God?

This would make a great paper for John Bennion. Remind me about it for my David Copperfield thought paper. :) Also, I'm not going to post my last paper up here, but if you want to read it, just let me know. It's about Jane and Rochester in Jane Eyre, plus lessons I've learned from my boy experience. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rach! I love that you have a blog now so I can follow your life!