Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Musings

Here are some things I've been thinking about the past couple days:
  • I feel like Nephi/Moroni/all the prophets in the Book of Mormon who thought they were bad writers when I write. Or rather, I feel as inadequate they felt, and hope that between my words and the Spirit I am somewhere near a good writer.
  • I love Postmodernism. And Romanticism. And Shakespeare. And Victorian lit. And Modernism. And metaphysical poetry. And I have no idea what I'm going to ever focus on, and my love of literature is both making and ruining my life.
  • I can't separate myself from music. No matter how hard I try to, for my own emotional well-being, usually, I can't. It's impossible. I must either avoid pain or fully immerse myself in it. I must always be singing. I need the thrills music brings me. Organ fulfills it to an extent, but I need more, and it hurts a lot when I'm not part of it.
  • I really, really, really like my hair. Not so much right now, because it's kind of gross (not very, just kinda) but when it's clean and long and especially after I've blow-dried it and it's all full and looks as thick as it really is.
  • I also really like sleep. But not snow in April.
  • I'm very grateful I lived where I did freshman year, because if I hadn't lived in 2100 Hinckley Hall, hadn't picked the CompLit freshman academy, I wouldn't know these beautiful people who I love


    (all pictures taken from Facebook, mine and others)

I seriously don't know what I'd do without them.
  • I can't wait for the semester to be over because all I can think about is Disneyland and people coming home from missions and starting my mission papers.

No comments: