Monday, April 26, 2010

One Year

Current Provo Time--12:08 A.M., Tuesday, April 27, 2010.
Current England Time--7:08 A.M., Tuesday, April 27, 2010.

"The sun rose quickly. It was coming up as my plane was flying in, so I watched it rise above the clouds of England. It was just so excited for the day, it couldn't wait to get above the horizon. It was completely up in about a minute. No joke. And then i t was shining so brightly, saying to me, 'Hello! You're in England! Live life, make the most of it and SHINE!' It reminded me of the line from 'Astonishing' from Little Women. I want to be impatient to make a change in the world, unable to wait for greatness."

The above was written at the beginning of my first full day in the UK, almost exactly a year ago to the hour. Today (the 26th, still, in my mind) was the anniversary of me flying out. And then tomorrow-today is the anniversary of my first full day there, like previously mentioned. On the 28th we all met up and started the adventure that was the best two months of my life, that changed me so much for the better. I had no idea what I was in for then. I miss it every day. It's hard to believe that anything in the world can top it. That sounds melodramatic. But it's how I often feel. It's hard to believe that it's been one year. You would think after so much time it would get better, but nope.

Thank you, England. Thank you, John Bennion. Thank you, everyone. You changed my life, and continue to do so. Happy One Year Anniversary.

No comments: