Tuesday, October 19, 2010

One Week Later

So I've known that I'm going to Russia for almost 1 week now. It's starting to sink in. The first few days all I could say to myself over and over again every 30 seconds was "I'm going to Russia. I'm going to Russia." And on each paper I took notes on I kept writing "Moscow, Russia." Thursday night I spent 2 hours looking at sites like this one instead of writing papers. I've calmed down a bit since then. Not much, but enough to actually function.

In other news, I'm getting over what might be the worst cold I've ever had in my life (besides that one I had junior year of high school where I, and everyone else in Jive, was sick for like 2 weeks, and I thought I would never be able to breath/talk normally/sleep/think without my head pounding again). Luckily, I only had to take one sick day, but the effects are still lingering.

Also, I am once again back to foodgawker. Tristan informed me of this delectable site during last Winter semester, but I broke the addiction because it would always make me really hungry during my long work shifts. Well, Madeline has been looking at it now, and here I am again. Tuesday night. Dinner Time. I need to stop browsing foodgawker! But here I am looking at all these pictures of beautiful food that I don't have the time, skill, or money to make and just wishing I could eat them. Like . . .

(via)
For those of you who don't know, I am in love with Macaroni and Cheese. Not from a box. But almost any homemade/restaurant mac and cheese--I adore it. I also love bacon. And I am starving. Therefore, I want to eat this RIGHT NOW. Please and thank you, library employee food delivery service? No, you don't really exist and I can't just push a button to get food at work?

. . .

Sigh.

No comments: