Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My Mother: It's Her Birthday/Rolls: A Thanksgiving Tradition

Today there are two things I am grateful for.


First, is my mother. Today Mommy turns 43. Which is kinda weird, I suppose, because most of my friends' parents are much older than that. But I am also the oldest, and have a 2-year-old sister. When my sister is my age 18 years from now, my mom will be 61. But I'm sure she doesn't want to think about that. :)


Anyway, for those of you who have not been fortunate enough to meet this wonderful lady who is my mother-extraordinaire, this is her:


She is fabulous in every way your mother is, times a million. ;) Just kidding. Probably not every way. But she is the most wonderful mom ever. Seriously.
Next I am thankful for Thanksgiving rolls. Every year since as long as I can remember, the rolls have been my responsibility. When I was little, I used to just spread the butter around the dough with the pastry brush. Now I do the whole shebang. And they are yummy and I love making them. But I am also grateful that I am not perfect at them yet. I forgot to divide the dough earlier, and so the rolls are very narrow and fat instead of longer and perfectly-sized. HAHAHA. :)

No comments: