Thursday, November 5, 2009

Remember, Remember...

...The Fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot
I know of no reason why Gunpowder, Treason
Should ever be forgot

What I am thankful for today:
1) Guy Fawkes Day--fire and England, what could be better? (Even if I'm watching the Scarlett Pimpernell with England peeps instead of having a bonfire) :D
2) Thinking about Guy Fawkes Day has made me miss England and made me incredibly grateful for the opportunity I had to go on my Study Abroad and the friends who turned into family there, and the experiences I had.
3) Again, warm weather
4) Chocolate
5) My talents as a writer, especially how I feel I've grown as a writer over the past few months. Sigh. I am thankful for writing, and communicating.

P.S. My heart aches for England right now. So much. I just miss being there with everyone and everything and always writing and almost always being so overwhelmed with happiness. And if I went back to England, I'm sure I would love it, but it wouldn't be the same. There would still be this hole in my heart, because I don't just miss England, but the two months I spent there on the BYU England and Literature, Spring 2009 Program.

Song of the Post: Being in Love, from the Music Man (the movie). It doesn't have to do with anything. It's just been stuck in my head ALL DAY LONG for no reason whatsoever.

No comments: