Monday, December 21, 2009

A New Disney Classic

That is what the Princess and the Frog is. This means a lot, coming from me. I AM easily pleased, but I went into this movie having fairly low expectations and was just completely blown away. I sat there mesmerized, and with the exception of a few parts, I felt like I was watching one of the Disney movies I grew up with. The animation was stunning, the dialogue funny, the music great. I have to admit I was very hesitant, and there were still a couple parts that didn't quite do it for me (like how during the first full song Tiana sings in the "restaraunt" it went to the weird animation. I like that blocky animation sometimes, but it just wasn't right at that moment for me). But I just sat there in awe, feeling like I was watching Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, Little Mermaid, and all the Disney movies I grew up watching. We (meaning Lindsey, Chip, and Kristine) laughed lots and thoroughly enjoyed it. Exceeded my expectations and hopes. Princess and the Frog bypasses movies like Lilo and Stitch, the movies that are good, but not great, not true Disney, and takes its place among the movies that take your breath away, make you laugh, make you want to get up and dance and can quote forever.

Bravo, Disney, Bravo.

P.S. I didn't mean for this to sound so movie review-esque. But it kinda did. That last line sort of did me in that way. But oh well. It's true. I liked it. Lots. :D

1 comment:

Whitney said...

I loved it too!